why temp. bolt the floorpan to the chassis?

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: why temp. bolt the floorpan to the chassis?
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 23:54:14 -0500
Hi,
As you may know, I am doing a ground-up restoration of my TR3A and am
following Roger William's 'How to Restore a TR3'.  On page 51 the caption
under photo 4-4-12 states that the, "floor is bolted (albeit temporarily) to
the chassis."  Why?  Of course, I am going weld it to the footwell panels
and the kick panel, so what is the purpose of bolting it to the chassis?
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A