Re: TR4 engine plate flat?

To: CarlSereda@aol.com, Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 engine plate flat?
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:07:17 -0700
It is flat, and is actually a fairly mild steel that can be brought back
flat (or nearly so) with a hammer and a 2 x 4 on a flat surface,
finishing with some delicacy against a flat surface with a  fairly thin
piece of bar stock under the leg to overcome the natural rebound.
Because it is used with gaskets, and bolted on, it is not precision
engineering!
Regards, Bill