Re: wiring oddity, no LBC

To: peb3@cornell.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: wiring oddity, no LBC
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:57:24 EST
In a message dated 11/22/04 9:46:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
peb3@cornell.edu writes:

<< Turns out the hot lead for both the low and high beams is common and
 the ground lead is switched by the relays for the respective lights. >>

Some 80's GM cars did this also.  I'm not sure why but I'd suspect having the
+ wire run from the light to the underhood relay and fuse ( shorter distance
) offers less chances of having a + wire rub through/  If the ground wire
rubbed through, the lights would just stay on.

There might also be a chance a ground point near the headlight was difficult
to locate.  Rather than running 2 wires some distance from the light, the
circuit was reversed.  Less wiring, less weight, smaller package and lower cost.

Harold