RE: TR3A Fuel Sending Unit

To: "TR" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Fuel Sending Unit
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:12:08 -0800
> Is it possible to R&R the fuel sending unit with the tank in the car?
> Do I have to loosen the tank mounts and lean it forward?

It may depend on which body style you have, but I believe it's possible.
ISTR doing it once on a pre-60K TR3A body.  However, you'll need to take the
inlet and outlet fittings loose (which means draining the tank) as well as
all 4 bolts from the straps ... might as well pull it out and inspect the
underside while you're there.  A fresh coat of paint & some new felt
couldn't hurt either.

Randall