Re: A.A. Best tops?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A.A. Best tops?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:37:03 -0500
On 1 Nov 2004 at 12:59, Joe Merone wrote:

> TRF has Robbins tops on sale for a pretty good price
> but the AA Best price is still better.

As far as I know I've never used an AA Best top.  But a few years ago
I got a new Spitfire top from TRF, not specifying Robbins. It was
apparently made by Robbins anyway (as I recall the box was labelled
Robbins).  Around the corner from my house is an auto upholstery shop
that deals with more expensive cars (Jag, BMW, that sort of thing -
in a building that used to house an Alfa and Maserati dealer).  So I
took it all to him to install it.  He did a good job, charged me much
less than I expected.  But he wasn't impressed with the quality of
the top, said he could have gotten me a better one.  He may also have
said his would have been cheaper, but I really don't remember.

This is just one data point.  YMMV.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.