RE: A.A. Best tops?

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, 6 Pack list <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: A.A. Best tops?
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 05:33:07 -0800 (PST)
Thanks Vance,

Have you ever seen their canvas top?  That's the way
I'm going to go.  Thanks.

Joe

--- "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
wrote:

>       Joe:
>
>       I bought one -
>
>       1. The snaps on the flap used to secure the top to
> the frame we
> not even close to where they should have been. I
> ended up removing and
> reinstalling the snaps in the correct position.
>       2. I bought the top with reflective striping. The
> reflective
> striping was not correct, in that it did not extend
> around the base of
> the top, it only went around the top and rear of
> each side window.
>       3. The third time I used the zip out rear window
> the zipper
> jammed, and I have not been able to get it freed
> (not that I have tried
> very hard).
>       4. The vinyl is of good quality, and delivery was
> prompt.
> Overall fit was good (except for the snaps).
>
>       If you can't pass it up because of the low price,
> request it
> without the snaps installed, and forego the
> reflective striping. I don't
> know if my experience with the jammed zipper is
> typical or not. My
> experience with the misplaced snaps and incorrect
> reflective striping
> has been echoed by others, and so should be
> considered typical.
>
>       Cheers,
>
>       Vance

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.