Re: TR6 Misfiring

To: "Winebarger, Carl" <cwinebar@harris.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Misfiring
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 07:07:00 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Carl,

Try gapping your points at .012. I have had similar problems with just
off idle acceleration.  If the miss fire happens all through the rpm
range then it's another ignition part. Start at the beginning, work from
the plugs back. If it happens at idle then pull each plug wire and see
if the absence of one makes no change. If the idle changes with each
elimination then keep working your way back. Some times these problems
are annoying & hard to get easily.
You also don't make it clear whether it's a miss fire, or a idle
stumble. To me a miss fire is more abrupt & a stumble is just a rough idle.
Good luck & keep us posted.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.