Re: TR4 Tire Question

To: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>, "'TR'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Tire Question
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:45:57 -0600
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
To: "'TR'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 3:46 PM

> If you aren't a stickler for originality, The Tire Rack lists 165/80TR15
> Kumho Power Star 758 tires for $26 each

see
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Kumho&model=Power+Star+758

In 2002, I put Kumho Euro Metric 771 tires on my TR4. (Now it appears that
model is only stocked at Tire Rack in 195-65-14, so I expect it may be
discontinued and that the Kumho Power Star 758 is the tire which superseded
it.) I have had zero problems with the tires. They look and feel pretty much
like what I would expect for stock radials on a stock TR4. They stick well
enough to get me trophies at convention autocrosses. Not going to win any
Solo2 championships.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"TOOLS?  Hell, any fool can work with tools.  It takes a real mechanic to
work with this junk." -Orv Ethier, 1921-2004.  First Shot Naval Vets, Pearl
Harbor Survivor.