Replacing Ball joints

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Replacing Ball joints
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:09:29 -0800
Wow, this is taking a while but I'm getting there.  In replacing the ball
joints on my 80 TR8 I ended up buying whole new control arms with the
bushings and ball joints pressed in from Rimmer Bros.  It was cheaper than
doing it ala carte.

Now I want to put everything back together.  I ended up taking off the
sway bar because I just couldn't see any other way to get the control arms
off.  Problem now is the sway bar seems to have "grown" wider.  If I put
the end of the sway bar into the control arm first, the end of the control
arm that attaches to the car frame is a good 2 inches away from where it's
supposed to be.  Does the sway bar flex?  It came off pretty easy but it
seems like the only way to get the control arms back in is to compress it
like a bow.  The sway bar is pretty rigid so I think I'll need to pump
some weights to get it there!

I'm probably missing something obvious but like they say, nothing is
obvious to the uninformed.
Thanks for any advice,

John