International postage question (Shipping parts, no LBC but car parts)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: International postage question (Shipping parts, no LBC but car parts)
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:38:27 -0800
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
I just sold an item (intake manifold) on eBay, an I am curious as to the
postage rates I was quoted.  The box measures 28" x 10" x 4" and weigh in
at 11 lbs.  It was won by someone in Germany, who is quite anxious to get
it.  However, I was quoted $134 for UPS and USPS which didn't ask for any
zip info or address, just a country to be shipped to) listed the shipping
for $25 surface (4-6 weeks) or $40 for a little faster time of 4-10 days.
This seem to be quite a difference in price which makes me wonder - Has
anybody sent anything overseas via USPS and were there additional charges
which I will incur that I am not getting off the USPS web site??  Hummm....
Barry Schwartz (San Diego)
---