Valve Clearances (Non-LBC)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Valve Clearances (Non-LBC)
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 14:21:46 EST
Sorry to abuse the kindness of the list but I have what I believe is for most
of you a bit of basic general knowledge but for me is throwing me off. This
is not really even a Toyota question but I'm about to adjust the valve
clearances in my wife's 1995 Toyota Corolla. My Hayne's tells me that the
clearances
on the exhaust valves should be .006 - .010 and on the exhaust valves " .0010 -
0014 "  (no decimal).

My question: .0010?? 1 micrometer? This has got to be a misprint. Wouldn't it
be more likely that the exhaust valves would be .010 - .014?

(My feeler gauges only go down to .002!!)