RE: Cooling System Mystery with purging notes

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Cooling System Mystery with purging notes
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 16:23:49 -0800
> Following that, put the
> filler cap on loose, and take it for about a 1-mile loop.

However, note that some "modern" cars will boil before the thermostat opens if
the cap is left loose.  For that reason, I think it's better to do this step
with the cap tight (unless of course the manual says otherwise).

Also, many vehicles have bleed valves (both my 71 Triumph Stag & 95 Buick wagon
do) that must be used to fill the cooling system.  It's always best to check the
owner's or workshop manual for drain/fill procedures.

Randall