Cooling System Mystery - post-script

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cooling System Mystery - post-script
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:47:44 +0000
Dear All,

Just a brief note to say that <touch wood> the cooling system in Carly
seems to be working perfectly now, subsequent to the fitting of a new
radiator.   Whilst "burping" the system, I kept a note of how much
coolant I had to add after having appeared to have filled it up in the
first instance - just over three-quarters of a litre (that's about a
pint and a half) - a significant proportion of the capacity of the whole
system.   I don't think I'll forget to "burp" again...

As far as "CELIT" is concerned, no-one I have spoken to in UK has ever
heard of it, and I can find no useful leads via Google.   My old rad has
now been part-exchanged and so the question is moot, as far as my
immediate needs are concerned.

Thanks again for all the wonderful help and advice provided by members
of these lists.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671