GT6 Rebuild...Help!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 Rebuild...Help!
From: shovel@megapathdsl.net
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 19:35:08 -0800
Hi All,
This is my first post to this list but I feel like I know many of you
after years of lurking here. Public thanks go to Mark for the most
useful lists on the Internet.

I'm about halfway on rebuilding my 71 GT6. This is the second make
over since I bought it in 1988.

I'm puzzled by the commission number on the motor, there is no
number! The designation is ME2ESS. I've been told that the ME2 refers
to a crate motor ordered and delivered with the original car. May or
may not be urban legend but still doesn't explain the ESS. The motor
has the domed pistons. The car was delivered to Tucson Arizona when
new and has never been registered outside Arizona.

Any ideas?

I'm planning on putting in the Miata/MX5 seats for comfort. I going
to be driving a lot of long distance miles and I am getting to old to
go the distance in seats designed in the 60's.

I have located a nice set of '97 seats with speakers at the right
price but I'm unsure if the post '95 seats have the same tracks and
seat size. Has anyone done this? I've only seen the pre '95 seats
mounted.

Barry
'71 GT6 Signal Red (OK faded Orange and in boxes)