Re: GT6 Rebuild...Help!

To: shovel@megapathdsl.net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 Rebuild...Help!
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:16:11 EST
In a message dated 1/4/2005 10:26:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shovel@megapathdsl.net writes:

...71  GT6. This is the second make
over since I bought it in 1988.

I'm  puzzled by the commission number on the motor, there is no
number! The  designation is ME2ESS. I've been told that the ME2 refers
to a crate motor  ordered and delivered with the original car. May or
may not be urban  legend but still doesn't explain the ESS. The motor
has the domed pistons.  The car was delivered to Tucson Arizona when
new and has never been  registered outside Arizona.

Any ideas?

==========

The "ME" prefix refers to a Mk2. 2000 (sedan) engine, which is essentially
the same engine as that in the GT6. "E" at the end simply refers to Engine
unit,  and the "SS" usually refers to "Spares Stock" or some similar
designation
for a  replacement engine from Triumph.

I don't know that Triumph normally had any such thing as "crate" motors, at
least not as I think of the term "crate motor" (i.e., a  Ford  performance
crate motor, for example). ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)