RE: Spit6 ID numbers

To: "'Jim'" <cartr4a@ameritech.net>,
Subject: RE: Spit6 ID numbers
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 14:08:33 -0700
Hi Jim,
Not confusing at all when you realize that Triumph used a single series
of frame numbers from Spotfire Number 1 in 1962 through the last one
made in 1980.  This includes all the GT6's that were produced.

Based on the particular number, I would say that it is likely the frame
that came with the body and commission numbers you have.  It is just
abovet the midpoint of the number of cars that were built and that would
put it in that time frame (pardon the pun).

Except for looking at the particulars of the frame itself, you will not
b e able to tell which car it originally came on.  I don't even know if
the BMIHT has records pertaining to the frame numbers, but it would be
interesting to find out.

Regards,
Joe