Spit6 ID numbers

To: triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spit6 ID numbers
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:29:35 -0800 (PST)
Hi List,

I've taken the "project plunge" again and picked up a Spit6.  I'm trying to
figure out what went into the conversion.  Here are the numbers I have found:

Commission # (ID tag and windscreen tag) -FM6842U-'73 Spitfire

Body # - 7979FM

Engine # - CC59218F-Early TR6? ( 150 CD SZ carbs)

This is the confusing one...Chassis # (found on the frame) - FC172921

>From the listings I have, FC on the frame is an early Spitfire.  Yet, I see no
>evidence of the radiator being moved up for the conversion.  The frame is
>clean where the radiator would have been on a Spit frame.  Rear suspension is
>non-rotoflex.

Any ideas on what frame this is and any good ways to tell if it's from a Spit
or a GT6?

Thanks, Jim

'67 TR-4A
'68 GT6