Re: Two Questions...OK three questions

To: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Two Questions...OK three questions
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 22:53:53 -0500
Hi Bob,

> 1. What's the easiest way to get to the tranny reverse
> switch? From under the car...or do I have to pull the tunnel
> carpet and gear shift housing and get to it from the "top"?

I always felt doing it from top was easiest, especially if you have one of
the top covers were all the switches are mounted on top.  Top covers have
been frequently interchanged over the years, so you never know until you
pull up the tunnel.

> 2. How does the back of ignition switch come off? In looking
> at the VB catalog, it looks like the back of the switch (where
> all the wires are hard-wired terminated) comes off some how.

The electrical portion of the switch is held in with a small set screw.  Get
some good light under there and you should be able to spot the retaining
hole.

> Ok... and lastly.... I seem to remember an after-market glove
> box that was "better' then the cardboard-ish standard box. Is
> that still available and, if so, from whom?

Yup should be still available, the plastic glove boxes are about $70 while
the cardboard ones are frequently less than $35.  I am pretty sure that
virtually everyone is carrying both styles now.  Although I am more
confident that I've seen both listed int he Moss catalogue recently.

Hope that helps,

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke