Re: Untouched 250 Carbs

To: ahwahnee@cybertrails.com
Subject: Re: Untouched 250 Carbs
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:53:55 EST
ahwahnee@cybertrails.com writes:

> >> ...still have the lead factory
>> seal affixed to the top cover and body...
> Just curious...
> where are these lead seals on the carbs?  Thanks.
> Geo Hahn

George,
They are air cleaner side/front.  There are two very small holes in the top
cover and body of the carb. This is were the lead seal is affixed with a small
wire. They were there so no one without proper equipment could mess with the
carbs and screw up the emissions. Whilst judging cars over a number of years I
have only seen 1 TR250 with the seals in place. This is a good Concours tie
breaker if anyone is curious and interested.  Attention to Detail!
Cheers,
Darrell