TR3A's brake sensing unit

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3A's brake sensing unit
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:34:27 -0500
List,
Today I thought I'd blowout the brake lines in the restoration of my TR3A.
Several of the brake lines meet at the brass fitting attached to the frame
located under the bonnet but slightly in front of the driver's feet.  In my
quest to take everything apart, I dismantled this fitting which serves as the
brake light sensing unit.  Using compressed air I blew out the tall grey hex
shaped nut (9/16" nut).     However, the air's force knocked out a small
regular screw which was inside this nut (I picked it up and put it back in).
It may or may not work again.  Is it possible to fix it?  If not, where can I
get one?

Moss refers to part of it being the 'restrictor valve' on a Girling brake
system shown on (p. 58 in the Moss Catalog as part no. 43)and it is NA.

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey