Increasing TR3 Heater Output

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Increasing TR3 Heater Output
From: bbrewer@qnet.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:03:07 -0800
     Few things in life are as pitiful as a TR3 heater...
     Has anyone found a way to increase heater output? My heater is cleaned out
and the fan has pretty good output. The hoses, fittings, hard pipe on the left
side of the head and valve at the head are new. It is just pathetic. I was
thinking that maybe if you replace the valve at the head with a 90 degree pipe
fitting that more water flow can go to the heater. I have also purchased a
larger fan motor, but haven't installed it yet.
     I have Bob Schaller's book "More BS ABout Triumphs" and he says to try
installing a Spitfire heater. That is in the future.
     Anyone have any tried & true ways to get the heater heating more?

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA