TR7 V6

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR7 V6
From: "Creig & Kay Houghtaling" <oldtoys@brick.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:24:07 -0600
I have the opportunity to obtain a V6 from a TR7 to do different TR7 V6
conversion.  I will have the opportunity to obtain engine mounts, wiring,
and a lot of other conversion details along with it.  My question is about
the V6.  From other conversions I have seen, this appears to be a Buick V6.
The distributor is in the front.  Is there a way to identify what engine it
is?  I imagine there has to be some identification some where on the engine,
but where do I look?