Re: Odd request

To: "Steven Newell" <steven@newellboys.com>, <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Odd request
From: "Doug M" <dougm1000@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:54:35 -0800
>Steven Newell wrote:
> What ever happened to the professional pride of thieves? I mean, these
scammers could hire an American proof reader, or even a laid-off dot-com
programmer to write a little code to strip parentheses and words like "For
Sale", before sending these sloppy bulk emails. Poor quality control in
online scams is yet another downside of the trend toward off-shoring. What a
shame. I hope they at least put a hungry graphic designer to work to create
the fake cashier's check.

Coincidentally I recently heard a person from our Better Business Bureau
discuss this type of poorly written solicitation.  He said that this is a
common angle used by scammers.  They purposely write poorly worded requests,
complete with spelling errors, etc.  Since you are able to pick out these
errors you feel superior in some way to the author.  Human greed steps in
and often the recipient responds since they feel they somehow are superior
to this author and they know that they will "Win" in the deal with this
person.

The scammers intention is to make you feel superior to them and thereby they
con you into dealing with them.  If you follow through with them they will
win in the various plays of the scam.  They are often very good at the game.

The concluding remark from this representative was "Seller, Beware!"

Doug