'62 TR4 starter/ignition help

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '62 TR4 starter/ignition help
From: "Ronald Griffing" <ragriffi@smt-net.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:19:32 -0800
I finally got the beast out of the barn (after 20 years of storage) and into
the shop.  There was no battery installed.  While installing the battery, I
want to setup negative ground.  The instructions I found reference hooking
the + and - sides of the coil to the switch and distributor.  The schematics
I have, and the coil in the car are labeled SW which I assume is switch, and
CB that goes to the distributor, not + and -.  Is SW + or - on the coil, and
does it make any difference?

The installed battery cables appear to be sized for Negative ground already,
as the ground strap connector is sized for the smaller negative terminal,
and the Red cable running to the starter solenoid is sized for the larger
Positive terminal.

Does it look sound like negative ground already? What else can I look at to
judge this.  I don't want to hook up the battery and fry anything...

I'll post some pics on my web page as soon as I get the engine turning over.

Ronald Griffing
62 TR-4 CT1550L
Scio, Oregon