Re: '62 TR4 starter/ignition help

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '62 TR4 starter/ignition help
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:42:09 EST
In a message dated 1/18/05 1:21:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ragriffi@smt-net.com writes:

<< The schematics
 I have, and the coil in the car are labeled SW which I assume is switch, and
 CB that goes to the distributor, not + and -.  Is SW + or - on the coil, and
 does it make any difference? >>

The engine will run with either setup but might have a miss fire at high
speed/load if hooked backwards.  In the days of points ( weak spark ) motors
would
run better if the spark jumped from the center to the outer electrode.   High
energy electronic ignitions provide enough zap that spark jumping from the
outside in performs better than a point system.

Many newer cars have distributorless ignitions and double ended coils.  In
this system both plugs are fired at the same time with one sparking center out
and the other out to in.

As for the other stuff, the generator will need reflashed, the amp meter
reversed, radio changed and the guage regulator flipped ( I think )  I don't
know
the details so I'll defer to someone else on the list.