RE: 3a w/HS6 / inner fender needs

To: "List Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 3a w/HS6 / inner fender needs
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:02:59 -0800
> >It's kind of interesting that the early manifold / carburetor system is
> >the same total length as the later manifold / carburetor system.

> Really? I have received two pictures, one of H6s and one of HS6s and the
> HS6s do appear much closer to the inner fender, by maybe 1/2-3/4".

I agree with Jack, the total length is almost identical.  I just stuck a tape
measure on an example of each, and the HS6 setup is actually very slightly
shorter, measured across the tops of the flanges.

> And the
> air filters might be thinner on the HS6 setup too. (Possibly aboutthe same
> but certainly not thicker.)

I believe the difference is in the filter mounting.  TR2-3 H6 filters have the
inlet close to the bottom front of the filter, while the TR4A filters have it
closer to the center.  I ran TR4A filters on my TR3A with stock H6 carbs &
manifold, and they hit the inner fender when the engine rocked on it's mounts.

Randall