Re: TR6 Diff... Tranny

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Diff... Tranny
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:10:39 EST
Hi Bill,

Hmmmm. I've never seen a TR transmission or diff that didn't have a drain
plug. But I also am not all that familiar with TR6.

Usually the plugs are the square type, and usually with the corners rounded
off from someone using the wrong tool. The filler plugs are the same and those
are located on the LH side of the gearbox, in the rear cover of the diff, if
you want to see what they look like.

Since it's a standard and pretty common NPT tapered "pipe thread", it's
possible someone replaced with the socket square type, or even a recessed hex,
either of which might be hard to spot with any accumulated road dirt on the
bottom
of the tranny or diff. They are located at the lowest points, if you want to
look closer.

If you still don't find anything, yes there are pumps to suction the oil out.
Look at some of the online sites like Northern Tool or Harbor Freight,
although you can probably buy locally for about the same price.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

AMfoto1@aol.com
http://hometown.aol.com/amfoto1/amfoto1.htm
Hi  folks,
    My plan was to change the Transmission and Differential Oil
in the TR6 ... lo and behold there does not appear to be drain plugs
...  I would still like to change the Oil, is there a good, better,
best way of doing this ... I am thinking some sort of suction device

Thanks for the help