Re: Two TR3A radiator questions

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Two TR3A radiator questions
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:36:51 EST
blush.. maybe I spoke too soon about TR4 rad caps?
ran out and checked;
I have two NOS UNIPART radiator caps (I believe for TR4)
UNIPART GRC 112 (sealed in package) and
UNIPART GRC 102 (loose)
and a STANT cap on my ole TR4 radiator in the corner of the shop.
All are 7lb.
The GRC 112 has springy white metal neck seal plus a gasket layer floating
over it (would be 'under' insitu)
the GRC 102 has springy brass metal neck seal and no gasket
the STANT has springy white metal neck seal
All have rubber for the bottom of hole seal and all have small reverse valves
in center.
But I don't really have an authentic 1963 TR4 radiator cap to look at..
Certainly without the added paper gasket for top of neck - 'reverse suction'
would be iffy at best.
Will let you know if I can get mine to work as a back-and-forth closed
cooling system in a year or three..
Regards,
Carl

<< I didn't know the TR4 caps had the additional seal to the top of the neck.
Randall >>