Continuing "Britishisms"

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Continuing "Britishisms"
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:01:37 EST
The terms in my part of England were: nearside and offside.
The nearside was the side nearest to the curb thus leaving the offside to be
the drivers side. this term was easier than trying to remember if the left was
viewed from the front or rear of the vehicle.

As for all of those Brit Vs. American terms, I cant start to tell you how
confused I get. Having spent 1/2 my life playing cars in the UK and the other
1/2
of my life playing cars here in the US

Not to continue this for too long, does anyone have an idea of what the
terms "offside" and "onside" (I think) mean with respect to the roadway?

Frank (dazed and confused) Fisher
Temecula CA
TR3 TS 41366