RE: o/d switch repair?

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>, <jim.wallace@netscape.ca>,
Subject: RE: o/d switch repair?
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:00:45 -0600
What I noticed on my A-type switches was the the rivets holding the
metal tabs onto the switch must have loosened over time; I could
wiggle the tabs around, which certainly didn't seem promising for
conducting electricity reliably.

You may be able to fix them by cleaning up the metal really well,
then using a hammer and small punch lightly on the rivet (to help it
make firm contact).  I was able to bring back one switch this way,
but not the other.

HTH,
Dan

At 2:07 PM -0700 1/24/05, Joe Curry wrote:
>If it is the same one used on the Spits, it can be taken apart and
>repaired.  I have done a couple of them.
>
>Joe

60 3a, 4A o/d
--
Dan Buettner - Des Moines, Iowa