Re: Two TR3A radiator questions (correction)

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Two TR3A radiator questions (correction)
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:49:24 -0700
AMfoto1@aol.com wrote:

>...Another response correctly pointed out that the "right cap" has a low
>pressure valve, opened by the vacuum created when the radiator cools, allowing
>coolant to return.

And I will also add a correction.  I said the 4A overflow bottle I put
on the TR4 worked just fine... thinking back, I may have added a rubber
cap gasket to the cap to enable it to properly seal.

And the reason why this same sort of seal didn't allow the TR3A cap to
draw back properly may be a pinhole leak in the joint between the neck
and the radiator body that is above the coolant level... letting air in
as things cool down.

Geo Hahn