Re: 70 Spitfire Update.

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 70 Spitfire Update.
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:44:17 EST
In a message dated 1/25/2005 10:34:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
npenney@mde.state.md.us writes:

> Which class was your Spitfire in at the TRF/VTR hillclimb btw?  I had
> 1st in my class right up until the end.  Beware the bomb this year!
> This time I'll be running working shocks and real tires. :-)

Modified for sure.  I think they went by displacement, correct?  We are
already running Koni's and Yokohama's but I will be looking out for you.  All I
know is Bob got to have all the fun in my car at TRF because I was running
around
putting out FIRES regarding the VTR Concours. I did get to tour the course
one time in my stock TR6 while running up communication devices to the workers.
It was really cool.  If I had run the Spit I probably would have put her in a
Hay Bail so maybe that was good fortune. I am better on the drag strip than
autocross.  Just need more seat time I guess.  I broke the Spit loose at the
VTR
in Minnesota and gave the workers a heart attack. Hey just a little 360 after
the last cone, never even went off course but my time sucked.  I really want
to be a little like Roger Penski and just concentrate on the equipment. Lot of
FUN with the LBC'S, can't get hurt too bad. I have an Audi TT Quattro with
225 Horses that scares the crap out of me.  It will burn rubber with all four
tires.
Cheers,
Darrell