Re: Help ID

To: <A901949@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Help ID
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:09:55 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <A901949@aol.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 1:13 PM
Subject: Help ID

> Can anybody tell me what year motor and trans this is?
> Trans # is TS87648
> Motor # is TS57462E

Tom:

Can almost guarantee that these two units were not "born" in the same TR3A.
The transmission was among the last handful of units to go into 3As at the
end of that model's production in the fall of 1961 while the engine (a motor
is something that runs on electricity) is also from a
 TR3A unit built in late summer of 1959.

I estimated these dates based on the fact that the component serial numbers
were usually within 500 numbers of the car's commission number (most always
higher than the car's number).

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana