RE: Help ID

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Help ID
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:09:00 -0800
> Can almost guarantee that these two units were not "born" in the
> same TR3A.

That I agree with.

> (a motor is something that runs on electricity)

That I disagree with.  In fact, the on-line Merriam-Webster gives a gasoline
engine as a specific example of a motor !
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=motor

> I estimated these dates based on the fact that the component
> serial numbers
> were usually within 500 numbers of the car's commission number

Then how do you explain that the last TR3A is commonly given as commission
TS83572, but Tom claims to have transmission (excuse me, gearbox) TS87648 ?

Randall