$6500 in damages and still FMAO!

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: $6500 in damages and still FMAO!
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:19:01 -0500
Well... in the past 2 1/2 weeks I've gotten to spend about 6 hours working
on the wiring harness because it's been too freakin cold to work in the
garage... even with a 55,000 BTU heater sucking up kerosene like crazy. So I
took a few new pictures and updated my web site on the wiring project.

And about the $6500 in damage...... well,  today was a school snow day so my
teacher wife had the day off. We needed a few things at the Mall so we went
there for lunch and did a little shopping. As we were leaving the Mall
parking lot, a car came around the corner and slide on the snow/ice right
into us.... side-swiping us from the left front wheel to the rear bumper.
There were about 6 guys in this old beat up Toyota Corolla and no one spoke
English. When the Police got there, it turned out he didn't have a U.S.
Driver's License and the car was borrowed.... but, at least, it was insured!
On the way home I stopped at my favorite Auto Body place (an owner of a TR6
and a TR3) to make sure the car was OK to drive and to get an estimate:
$6500. There's a little wind whistling through the driver's door which
doesn't quite meet with the frame at the roof line but the front and rear
suspensions survived in tact.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
HYPERLINK "http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/"http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org