RE: TR4 Temperature Gauge question

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Temperature Gauge question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:27:02 -0800
> This seems to have happened around the time I converted from positive
> to negative ground. I did the conversion a few weeks ago. Is it
> possible that I fried the voltage stabilizer?

If the unit you got from Moss is solid state (instead of the original thermal
unit), then I think it's a given that it will not work with the change in ground
polarity.  The rest of your description is consistent with an in-operative
voltage stabilizer ... does your fuel gauge read high now too ?

The original "stabilizer" did not put out a constant 10v, instead it was a
rather slow pulse stream that averaged to 10v.  But the solid-state replacements
should put out a steady 10v.

Randall