TR3 front apron

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 front apron
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:37:50 EST
hi guys
i am currently fitting an old (but new to me) front apron to the front
fenders/wings. they are all off the car.
just below the head light there is a flat spot in the curve of the apron
sides that does not match the curve of the fender. i can pull this back into
shape
with a little tool i have made and by applying some heat.
the part that has me foxed (same place as the flat spot) is the little part
of the front of the apron, toward the outside edge, beneath the head light but
above the grill. It is concave there. and it kinda looks like it should be
that way.
On the 3 other messed up aprons I have I cant tell if it is supposed to be
concave, flat or convex.
IM thinking it should be convex. most of the PICS i have looked at appear to
be convex.
what is confusing me is that both sides are symmetrical-kinda-as best as can
be expected for a 50 year old part.
confused? i bet you are. for those of you who can help i have 2 photographs i
can e mail to you.
sorry IM not Internet savy enough to have my own web page like most of you.
has there ever been a more cryptic message than this?
thanks in advance
Frank Fisher
58 TR3A
Temecula