Re: Spring height TR250 TR6

To: 6-Pack <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Spring height TR250 TR6
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:38:03 -0500
Thanks to all who replied. Especially Ted Schumacher.

I am now convinced my rear springs have sagged. The list members tell me stock
height on fronts are
10.2 and rears are 11.5. My old fronts are 10.2 but my old rears are 10.75.

I also noticed that there are more coils per inch on the rears than on the
fronts. The same is true
for the new 20% upgrade springs. According to Dick Taylor, more coils per inch
(with same wire size)
means that the rears are weaker springs than the fronts, so I suppose it's
reasonable that they
sagged and the fronts didn't.

The 20% upgrades are about .7" shorter than stock which is I guess is
reasonable because they are
stiffer springs. Seems they should start out shorter to maintain the stock road
height under load.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Don Malling