RE: Where to live

To: "harold Sawatsky" <hsawatsk@sasktel.net>,
Subject: RE: Where to live
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:14:09 -0500
Hi Harold:

So I am being told.

Here is an excerpt from an FAQ for health services in Montreal:

http://www.urgences-sante.qc.ca/trousse/le_cout.htm

>8. Do I have to pay ambulance charges?

>Yes, the user is required to pay for transportation by ambulance.

>The charge is $125 for responding to your call, plus an additional $1.75 per
>kilometre. Some private insurance >companies will reimburse you for ambulance
>charges.

>Exceptions: people who are injured in traffic accidents or at work, seniors
>(65+) being taken to hospital, some others (as long as criteria for the free
>program are met), veterans, armed forces, prisoners, natives, inter-hospital
>transfers, and some people who receive social assistance.

So, while the fees up here are lower than some I am being sent in the US, they
are not nothing as I had thought. The scales are falling from my eyes.
Injustice and double-taxation are everywhere it seems.

Mark