Spitfire half-shaft question

To: triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire half-shaft question
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 05:21:13 -0800 (PST)
Hi list,

I need to replace a half-shaft on my Spit6 project.  I've noticed in the
Spitbits and VB catalogs that there are different shafts for years '71-'72 and
'73-'80.  Anyone know the difference in the two shafts?

I have a swing axle in this car, and I'm assuming it came along with the '73
Spitfire body.  Even though I have a GT6 frame, the 7" rear brake drums tell me
the rear set up is from a Spit.  I'm assuming that the difference in these two
shafts is in the length.  Mine measures 18".

If anyone has an axle, with drive flange they would like to sell, please
contact me.

Thanks,
Jim
'67 TR-4A