steering wheel

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: steering wheel
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:17:26 -0500
Hello, everyone.

I confess, I've been resisting.

For the two years, as I've been restoring my '59 TR3A TS58667, in my heart
I've wanted to upgrade to a wood steering wheel, a laminated version.  ...But,
price conscious, I restored my original wheel with JB Weld, painted it with
Rustoleum Barbacue black, and was satisfied with the results.

But, the part of the car I'm going to touch most with my hands should be what
I really really want, after all this work.  So...

I'm trying to understand the wood steering wheel offerings by manufacturers.
I'd like to keep my adjustable stock hub.  Is there a wood wheel out there
that lets me use the old hub without some kind of adapter?  And is there a
place to get wood wheels other than the Big 3?  (Although TRF has a sale on
Moto-lita right now.)

Thank you all.

...Oh, and if anyone wants to message me off list relative to how to prepare
the engine bay of a modern computer car for spray washing at a car wash, I'd
appreciate it.  (On older cars, simply baggie the voltage regulator and
distributor.)

Terry Smith
New Hampshire