RE: TR3A Body Queries

To: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@razzolink.com>,
Subject: RE: TR3A Body Queries
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:54:04 -0700
TeriAnn,

As I was reading your great message about the choice between a "driver" and
"show" car, I kept saying to myself "you can do both!" And of course you
can! It just takes some original paint for touch up to hide the rock chips,
a lot of hard work when it is time to go to a concours or a little less work
for a club show! I enjoyed showing my "Concours winning" TR3 a lot and of
course I drove it a lot. From the SF bay area to VTR at Portland, OR;
Triumphest at San Diego, CA; All Triumph Drive-In at Vancouver, BC, All
British Car Show at Davis, CA; and from Scottsdale, AZ; Triumphest at
Laughlin, NV and at Lake Tahoe, CA; plus a ton of local events both in CA
and AZ.

As some of may know I recently sold my TR3 and now I am "restoring" a TR250.
Not a "restored as original" like the TR3 was, but with many modern
upgrades; i.e..; Dan Master's wire harness, tubular shocks, custom beige
vinyl/leather interior, non-stock exterior paint color (late Lexus Midnight
Blue?), Minilite wheels, stereo/CD, etc. etc. My plan for the 250 is to make
it a very reliable and comfortable driver. It should still turn heads and
with my compulsiveness still unabated, it should be a striking car and a
winner in all but a full Concours!

Regards and wish me luck,

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 (Sold and now just a memory!)