RE: fuse unit

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: fuse unit
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:16:08 -0800
> The fuse unit on my TR4 project has 4 fuses.
> <>
> It also has a black wire that connects two spade connectors on
> the front of > the unit.
>
> What is going on?

I'm fairly sure someone has replaced your fuse block and done some
'interesting' wiring around it.  Certainly sounds like something I might do,
as green or brown wire is sometimes hard to find when you need it.  Black
works just as well and my parts bin has a bunch of it.

Adding fuses to a TR is a wonderful idea, IMO, my TR3A has several more than
the factory put on.  But now you get to do the detective work to figure out
what's really going on.  Probably the easiest place to start is to remove
each fuse one at a time, and try everything on the car to see if it stops
working.

Randall