For F150 help needed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: For F150 help needed
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:39:44 EST
    Yes, I know this is the TR list, but my cousin Donald in Irving, TX is
having a problem with his 97 F150 V-6 pick up.

He has a miss in #3 that starts ater the enging has been running about 15
minutes.  Checking the plug shows no fowling so he thought ignition problem.

He has replaved plugs, wires, and now is trying to replace the dist.
cap/coil.  Apparently the dist cap and coil are one assembly?  Anway, he buys
an
aftermarket type and puts it on, but the truck will not even start.  He took
that
back and got an aftermarket one, an same thing, the truck wont start.  If he
puts the old coil back on, the truck starts, but has the missing problem.

What's the deal here?  Is ther some secret Ford trick to changing the coil?
Does he have to sacrifice a cat named Henry to get it to work?

Robert Houston
63 TR4
73 MG Midget

Texan in New Mexico

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this
seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for
herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this
little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in
the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of
less
happier lands,-- This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)