Re: steering box oil

To: triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: steering box oil
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 19:16:40 -0800
> Is the $13.95 500ml steering box oil from Moss a good deal?  Who else carries
> it?

My money is on swivel ball grease (more like a cross between grease &
oil) for Range Rovers.  It was designed to lube a U joint in the front
swivel balls  and not leak out the seal.  Seems to work just fine on TR
steering boxes.  Just warm it up a little and pour it in.  British
Pacific carries the stuff. 1-800-554-4133.  It is also a good place to
go for Lucas colour coded lengths of wire, wiring connectors and IPF
headlamp conversions.  I have a set of the headlamps.  They are Euro
style with a very sharp cutoff.  I'm running 90/140Watt bulbs and the
cut off is so sharp I've never been blinked at from oncoming traffic.