setting the grose jet

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: setting the grose jet
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 23:41:35 -0500
Thanks everyone for telling me that the woods (or the ocean) might be the best
setting for aftermarket grose jets.  I retrieved the good old ones from the
dumpster and I feel much better.  (like having taken a shower and putting on
dirty clothes.)

There is yet one more heap to cross: 'setting the grose jet'.
My Haynes manual says, 0.44" or 11mm - is this correct?  I think a 7/16" drill
bit will do the job. (sideways, of course)

and at 7/16" should I be able to blow through it or not?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey