RE: auto museum, no LBC

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: auto museum, no LBC
From: "Eric K." <tr3a@xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:36:25 +0100 (CET)
Randall said:
>> Really cool site.  Anyone know where I can buy a Messerschmitt at a
>> resonable price?
>
> There was one at the All-Euro swap meet in Long Beach, CA yesterday.
> "Reasonable" being in the eye of the beholder, of course, we're talking
> about a very rare and delicate car from 50 years ago and this was a fully
> restored example.  I had to ask, so I knew I couldn't afford it.

Try http://www.classic-car-directory.com/price/price.asp - a good kr200
goes for at least US15,000 these days.

Alternatively, if you just want to be seen in one, are not a stickler for
originality and prefer modern, reliable engines anyway, you may want to go
for this:

http://www.tri-techautocraft.co.uk/shmidx.htm

Much cheaper and the neighbours probably won't notice the difference. It
has a four stroke engine, though, so the lack of rrrring-a-ding-dingggg
sounds and trailing blue haze is a dead giveaway.

Eric

--
'57 TR3a TS23315L - ran last weekend
'76 Spit FH88257L - engine almost out for rebuild