Re: auto museum, no LBC

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: auto museum, no LBC
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:18:50 -0000
> > Really cool site.  Anyone know where I can buy a Messerschmitt at a
> > resonable price?

Randall replied:
> There was one at the All-Euro swap meet in Long Beach, CA yesterday.
> "Reasonable" being in the eye of the beholder, of course, we're talking
> about a very rare and delicate car from 50 years ago and this was a fully
> restored example.  I had to ask, so I knew I couldn't afford it.

I bought one in the late sixties as a part exchange against a new Herald.
This was a three-wheeler. Fun, fairly slow - and terrifying in London rush
hour traffic. Sold it within the month to a 'Flower Power' couple who were
getting married and planning a honeymoon in it driving thru' Europe. Often
wondered whether the headlight nacelles were a carryover from the machine
gun ports :)

Jonmac