Re: Triumph futures

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumph futures
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:29:54 EST
In a message dated 2/10/2005 9:32:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
frede.thomas2@verizon.net writes:

I'm over  70 and have driven (not trailered) my T/R 3-A over 115,000 miles in
the  last 13 years, each and everyday I start her up is another fine day of
great pleasure and enjoyment and I'll bet I can still score over 350  points
in concourse judging at any show I enter her in. These cars were  made to be
driven and enjoyed and damit I sure do  !!!! "FT"

I confess to having trailered a number of Triumphs over the years. However,
only three of them were running at the time they were being trailered. Of
those,  one was a Mayflower with a head gasket problem, and one was the
autocross
Spitfire 4 (not exactly street legal).

The last was the Herald, when I brought it home after purchasing it in June
2002. I started driving it the next day, after a visit to the Department of
Motor Vehicles to get plates, and haven't stopped since (except for our salty
Northeast winters). Two weeks later, it made a successful (and, frankly, quite
 comfortable) 2550-mile round trip from NY to Minnesota and back.

>From March to late October 2003, the Herald served as my ONLY  transportation
after my Explorer died (ok, there were a few times when I drove a  friend's
Spitfire MkIV while performing minor maintenance chores on the Herald).  Same
thing happened again for most of spring 2004 while my beater Honda Civic
awaited a head gasket. Otherwise, the Herald gets used at least 50-60%  of the
time
between late March and late November each year.

As a mostly original 43-year-old car, it doesn't do all that well in  "Judged
Concours" competitions but has pulled a few popular choice class awards  and
a couple of "longest distance traveled to meet" trophies. Perhaps most
important, though, is the fact that the Herald is THE ride of choice when my
son  or
daughter is off to a school dance! :-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)