Re: TR futures

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR futures
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:10:56 -0800
> Ms. Wakeman,
>
> You certainly could make your living as a writer.  I love reading your
> Triumph Philosophy.

Thanks!  I suspect my occasional long posts are what I'm known best for
on this list.  They were a lot more numerous back on the old British car
mail list when Scott Fisher and I  were inspiring one another.

> I've been trying, for the last 10 years or more, to recapture my youth.

That is a task I'm afraid I was never very good at.  Whenever I try to
mostly hollow.  I wish you better luck with it than I have had.

I just try to bring along what I like of my life and keep moving into
new places not yet fully explored.   I consider myself an aspiring
eccentric and can not wait to see what I find interesting next.  Though
as a maturing lady I tend to look into areas I was aware of back when
but never took the opportunity to explore.  That is both well within my
comfort zone and new.  I got my first British sports car in 1986 so it
was all new to me.  That was during my planned midlife reorg.

> I'm sick and tired of buying new cars and watching my "investment"
> dwindle away to nothing.

I've long thought that was a foolish thing to do.  I last did it in
1974.  Since then I've refused to buy a car that depreciates.  I've
found cars that appreciate to be much more lively and fun to drive.

People keep telling me that they like new cars because the old ones
nickel and dime you to death.  Personally I would rather spend a couple
hundred dollars a year for maintenance parts with the occasional burp
for paint, interior or drive train rebuild than make big car payments
each month and pay really high costs for licensing and insurance.

But I guess it all boils down to building the personal image that is
important to each of us and where cars fit into that image we each
strive to project.

Take care

TeriAnn